1) Patch tests are required a minimum of 48 hours before your appointment if you are a new client or a returning client if it has been more than 3 months since your last visit where a service required a test.
2) If you have a gift voucher please telephone the salon to book and not book online. Vouchers are to be used by their expiry date and will not be extended past that.
3) For health & safety and insurance reasons person's under the age of 18 are not permitted within The Retreat area/treatment rooms unless under the following circumstances:
Accompanying an adult to book an appointment or purchase a gift voucher.
Receiving a treatment. In this case the young person must be accompanied by an adult at all times and we must be notified at the time of booking of the young person’s age. Minimum age 14.
4) Please note, we cannot allow children to accompany an adult into the treatment room when the adult is receiving a treatment nor may they be left unaccompanied in The Retreat waiting area.
5) We would love to be able to invite your friends or family along too, but unfortunately we do not have the space in our waiting area or treatment rooms. Until we do, please refrain from bringing along any extra guests to your appointment.
6) Please do not arrive to your appointment with wet or damp hair.
7) All treatment times include consultation, treatment and preparation time. To ensure you gain the most out of your appointment we advise that you arrive prior to your allocated time - to relax, have a refreshing drink and forget about the stresses of the outside world.
8) Late arrival for an appointment may constitute a reduced treatment time, even should you be on a pre-paid course or redeeming a gift voucher.
9) Should you decide to not have all of the treatments you have pre-booked and not tell us until you arrive for your appointment, we reserve the right to charge you for the time booked.
10) Every effort will be made to provide you with your preferred therapist but this cannot always be guaranteed.
11) Whilst we carry out an in-depth consultation to ensure you gain the most from your treatment, it is your responsibility to inform us of any change in your health and medication since we last saw you at the start of your appointment.
12) We advise that you do not have any heat treatments immediately prior to or after waxing. This includes the use of the sauna, steam room, sunbed or sunbathing. Swimming and exercising are also not recommended.
13) Cancellation of appointments with less than 24 hours notice will result in a 50% cancellation fee and may be added to your next appointment. Failure to turn up for an appointment without prior notice will result in a full charge cancellation fee. This applies to pre-paid courses and vouchers.
14) A booking fee is required at the time of booking for treatments lasting more than 1 hour. This is non-refundable should you cancel the appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice, or fail to attend.
15) We reserve the right to refuse future appointments.
16) We offer an appointment reminder service by text and email. For your own convenience please, where possible, provide us with your mobile phone number and email address.
17) The Retreat Health and Beauty Salon's prices are subject to change without notice.